CURRENT SITUATION – Less than 2 Weeks to “I Do”
Beginning on May 8, North Carolina stay at home restrictions will be lifted in three phases. We will be in phase 1 on our wedding day, so our in-person gathering will have to be 10 people or fewer to be in compliance.
Needless to say, we will not be holding the wedding we envisioned…but we are still getting married on May 15. We are just re-imagining our ceremony into a much smaller event that day and we’ll plan for a more public celebration in the future. Until then, please see below for answers to a few questions we are receiving.
Love, Craig & Jeremiah
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: WHAT FACTORS ARE YOU CONSIDERING WHEN MAKING YOUR DECISIONS ON THE WEDDING?
- North Carolina is under a stay at home order through May 8 and Phase 1 thereafter.
- North Carolina public schools will remain virtual for the rest of the school year.
- CDC Recommendations
- NASCAR All Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 16 is postponed.
- The Coca-Cola 600 Race on May 24 is being held without spectators.
- We successfully got our marriage license on April 24 in Union County — fourth county’s the charm!
Q: HOW WILL I KNOW ABOUT THE RESCHEDULED PARTY/CELEBRATION?
- We are working on that. Stay tuned! We will absolutely make sure we update you as soon as we know more.
- The venue has already rescheduled events from March, April and the first half of May for dates later this year, so our options are pretty limited.
Q: WILL THE WEDDING BE VIRTUAL?
- Yes, we will stream the wedding vows online. We will post the link on this site the day of the wedding.
Q: HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE WITHOUT BEING THERE?
- Please send cards, letters, and emails to us to share your marriage advice, memories, and celebratory birthday wishes.
- Your love and support means the world to us!
Q: ARE YOU REGISTERED?
- No, we are in a “less is more” phase after downsizing our home last year.
- We’d never steal your joy by rudely refusing a gift, but please don’t feel obligated. We’ve got a honeymoon fund we’ll put to good use when travel becomes safe again.
2 thoughts on “5.5.20 ~ Update and FAQ”
Ok – So, if y’all are going to do this at home now, and live stream it, you need lots of flowers at home now, right? So what are/is your favorite flower(s) that we can all order and have delivered to the house? 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are SO SWEET! Roses and tulips are Jeremiah’s favorite. Tulips might be hard to come by this time of year, but any white or red flowers would add to the occasion.